New Special Forces motorcycle
Zero Motorcycles has created a stealth motorcycle for use by U.S. Special Operations Forces: The MMX.
The all-electric off-roader features a nearly silent powertrain, full blackout capability, wiring for infrared lighting systems and a keyless ignition for quick starts.
"It was a very rewarding experience for the Zero team to go through such an exacting development process. The military needed a very specific set of core features on the MMX, and we were incredibly thankful to work side-by-side with them to deliver such a unique product," said Abe Askenazi, Chief Technology Officer for Zero Motorcycles.
And the capabilities seem pretty high-speed:
- Wet operational abilities in up to one meter submersion
- Switchable headlight for night-time stealth
- Integrated wiring to accommodate quick installation of front and rear infrared systems
- Safety override and reserve power capabilities to extend range during extreme situations
- Aggressive foot pegs and hand guards for optimal control
- Tie down eyelets with integrated tow cable and rear seat strap
The thought of driving this over rough terrain wearing night vision goggles kind of freaks me out. I tried to play golf with NODS on one time and almost killed myself, I can imagine what it is like wearing the goggles.